There are lots of different kinds of molds that can grow in places in your home. Mold can begin growing 24 hours after the optimal conditions for growth and can spread very easily throughout the home. The slightest air movement or disturbances can send spores circulating through the air and spread to other places in the home.
If you have mold growth in your home, it is important that you be careful when removing mold. At H2O Drying, we specialize in mold remediation and can provide you with a variety of solutions to help combat mold growth.
- Our technicians will come in and do an assessment of the area. Mold can grow in hard-to-reach places, such as a crawlspace, under baseboards, etc.
- Once the mold has been identified, we will contain the affected area. Polyethylene is put up so that air from the contained room does not flow out and so that nothing gets cross contaminated.
- All porous type materials such as furniture will be securely bagged up before taken out of the contained area.
- That leaves hard surfaces. Items such as wood finishes; walls, ceilings, etc are considered hard surfaces. Depending on the amount of mold growth there is, our mold specialists will determine what products are needed to clean those surfaces. H2O Drying uses a product called Serum, which is similar to hydrogen peroxide. Serum is added to the affected area and what is does is draw the mold out and up to the hard surfaces.
- After that process, our technicians will either wipe down or use a wire brush to finish cleaning the affected area. A variety of other cleaning products will be used to do this, all of which are organic and environmentally friendly.
H2O Drying is certified and specializes in mold remediation in North Carolina and South Carolina.